Welcome

Lately I've worked a lot on blogs to share music and videos, but now I wanted to work a blog just about me, I'm studying Chinese (Mandarin) and so I wanted to have a blog to write out the details of my day entirely in English, Chinese, and if I continue to study anything else I'll add that too ;P

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Favorite Albums of 2009

Ah, sounds like fun to do, so I'm doing it :P

10. BoA - BoA

1. I Did It For Love feat. Sean Garrett
2. Energetic
3. Did Ya
4. Look Who's Talking
5. Eat You Up
6. Obsessed
7. Touched
8. Scream
9. Girls On Top (cover of her K-pop song with same title)
10. Dress Off
11. Hypnotic Dancefloor

** I really like this whole album, well which is why it made my list :P. haha. BoA did such a good job here, her English sounds good, her dance moves are great, and her voice is sounding really strong here --- I find that some artists when they sing in other languages they can't seem to maintain the same sort of the strength throughout, but BoA certainly doesn't seem to have trouble doing it. I've bolded my top faves from this album, though, I think all the tracks are great and fun!

09. alan - Voice of EARTH

1. 天女~interlude~
2. 明日への讃歌
3. 空唄
4. 懐かしい未来~longing future~
5. ひとつ
6. 風の手紙
7. BRAVE
8. 夢のガーデン
9. 群青の谷
10. my friend
11. Liberty
12. 月がわたし
13. RED CLIFF~心・戦~
14. 恵みの雨
15. Together
16. RED CLIFF~心・戦~ (Modern Rock Edition)

**alan is probably one of my all time favorite female singers, her voice is lovely and as she is from Sichuan, of Tibetan ancestry she also sings using what's called the Tibetan wail (very high pitched singing) most notable on her first single. I was enchanted the minute I heard it, I think unfortunately now the songs she is singing are not quite right for her voice. And she does not seem to use her wailing as often. But this album was great and the songs were well chosen.

08. the GazettE - DIM

1. 「剥離」
2. THE INVISIBLE WALL
3. A MOTH UNDER THE SKIN
4. LEECH
5. 泣ヶ原
6. 「エ リ カ」
7. HEADACHE MAN
8. 紅蓮
9. 「子宮」
10. 13STAIRS[-]1
11. DISTRESS AND COMA

12. 「感触」
13. 白き優鬱
14. IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAOS
15. 「朦朧」
16. OGRE
17. DIM SCENE

**for me no list would be complete without adding my all time favorite band, the GazettE. These guys for me are very special. I can't really say that this album is as good as "NIL" was for me, but I still love it.

07. 12012 - mar maroon

1. THE WORLD
2. DNA
3. As
4. スマイルアゲイン
5. MERRY GO WORLD
6. PSYCHO VIRUS
7. 逢いたいから...
8. SYSTEM [0] DOWN
9. 太陽
10. GENERATION
11. I DEAL
12. Hallelujah-Album Ver.-

13. 願い

**I think this album gets a lot of crap thrown at it, and as far as I'm concerned it doesn't deserve it. So the sound is different, so it's not their indies work, deal with it, it wasn't written to please you. As far as I'm concerned the albums these peeps put out reflect themselves and if you can't deal with it don't listen. And on another side note, I love this album, and I love their new one "SEVEN" too, so yeah!

06. SID - hikari

1. 落園
2. 妄想日記2
3. 嘘
4. サーカス
5. 泣き出した女と虚無感
6. モノクロのキス
7. 罪木崩し
8. 2℃目の彼女
9. capsule
10. ドラマ
11. 光

**oh this album is amazing! Just one listen to "Uso" (track 3) was what caused me to love it! lol. But I love love love this album. Period.

05. An Cafe - BBパラレルワールド

1. Let's Brand New Wave
2. 夏恋★夏GAME

3. 苺
4. Passion!!
5. NYAPPY in the parallel world
6. alone
7. AROMA
8. 武士道と云ふは死ぬ事と見付けたり
9. SUMMER DIVE ~甘トロPEACH☆BEACH~
10. MY HEART LEAPS FOR "C"
11. YOU


**An Cafe I love you!!! This album is so much fun! I just love listening to it over and over again. Great album!

04. kagrra, - 珠

1. ぱらいぞ
2. 渦
3. 蓮
4. 嘆美なる死への憧憬
5. 桜月夜
6. 鬼哭啾愀
7. 咒葬
8. 素晴らしきかな? 人生
9. 永遠に、、、
10. 鬼灯


**kagrra, is, I believe, one of the most understated bands out right now. Their music is beautiful and emotional. Isshi's voice is gentle and not and the music is played so well it makes me cry. Can't choose a favorite if you love them all, right? lol. Love it!

03. Girugämesh - NOW

1. NOW [Intro]
2. bit crash
3. NO MUSIC, NO REASON
4. ALIVE
5. I think I can fly
6. BEAST
7. nobody
8. 睡蓮
9. DIRTY STORY
10. GAME
11. driving time
12. arrow

**now, I thought this made a fitting number 3, personally because I love every single track on it, there is a track for my every feeling if you understand what I mean, every emotion I have can be found in these songs. Satoshi's voice is great, the guitarist is fabulous, the bass is just awesome and the drums are too good! :)

02. DELUHI - ユグドアライヴ -Yggdalive-

1. Overture -Yggdalive-
2. G.A.L.D.
3. REVOLVER BLAST
4. flow snow
5. WAKE UP!
6. Hello
7. FOLLOW THE FUTURE
8. Syllable -Yggdrising-
9. 星の無い夜に


**DELUHI! I love these guys, actually listened to this album non-stop while doing my final papers for Spring Semester. :) I adore the music, Juri's voice is just awesome! Fitting they deserve to be number 2.

and dun dun dun

01. Namie Amuro - Past>Future

2009 Past-Future (09.12.16)
1. FAST CAR
2. COPY THAT
3. LOVE GAME
4. Bad Habit
5. Steal my Night
6. FIRST TIMER feat. DOBERMAN INC
7. WILD
8. Dr.
9. Shut Up
10. MY LOVE
11. The Meaning Of Us
12. Defend Love

**Namie! This album is really great, I love it from start to finish! I bought it while I was in Japan last year and I'm so glad I forked out the 42 bucks for it. It was worth it and I swear this album is going to be buried with me. haha.

Ok that's it for now peeps, I'll come back with top ten singles :)

~D

No comments:

Post a Comment