Welcome

Lately I've worked a lot on blogs to share music and videos, but now I wanted to work a blog just about me, I'm studying Chinese (Mandarin) and so I wanted to have a blog to write out the details of my day entirely in English, Chinese, and if I continue to study anything else I'll add that too ;P

Friday, July 30, 2010

Favorite Singles of 2009

10. An Cafe - AROMA

1. AROMA
2. ベストアパート
3. 365daysクエイサー

**I really liked this single, AROMA was quite good. Best Apart (#2) is really cute and has a sentimental feel to it. And number 3 is my favorite! It's kind of sweeping feels like the best way to describe it. :)

09. Ayabie - 会いたくて


(Limited Ed. Tracklist)
1. 会いたくて
2. master piece
3. 会いたくて (Instrumental)
4. master piece (Instrumental)
(Reg Ed. A Tracklist)
1. 会いたくて
2. master piece
3. サマーチャイム
(Reg Ed. B Tracklist)
1. 会いたくて
2. master piece
3. ソプラノ

**Now I really liked 会いたくて, really I think it was Kenzo's playing that I really liked :P I love the drums in this track! master piece is pretty good, just feels more like what Ayabie have been coming out with lately. Though the new single Dramatic is really good. サマーチャイム is upbeat and cute, and ソプラノ is pretty, mainly piano driven and Aoi's vocals sound pretty good in there.

08. Ayumi Hamasaki - You were... / BALLAD

1. You were...
2. BALLAD
3. RED LINE 〜for TA〜
4. You were... (Music Box mix -retake version-)
5. Sunset 〜LOVE is ALL〜 (Orchestra version)
6. You were... (Original mix -Instrumental-)
7. BALLAD (Original mix -Instrumental-)
8. RED LINE 〜for TA〜 (Original mix -Instrumental-)

**Now I just loved this single, it's so beautiful. You were... isn't as strong as BALLAD for me and has a Christmas-y feel, but I like it. BALLAD is absolutely beautiful and I cry when I hear it! RED LINE ~for TA~ is fun and upbeat. The music box mix of You were... is quite pretty and the Orchestra version of Sunset is very pretty as well :)

07. Spontania - 今でもずっと feat. Yuna Ito

1. 今でもずっと feat. 伊藤由奈
2. My Life
3. 今でもずっと (Instrumental)
4. My Life (Instrumental)

**Oh I love love love Yuna Ito and this single just blew me away! I'd never heard Spontania before so it was really cool to hear that I really grew to love their style as well :) My life is really good, these guys are really great!

06. LANDS (Jin Akanishi) - BANDAGE

1. BANDAGE

**Oh I adore this song, for one thing its Jin's voice solo, secondly because it's so different than the stuff he had been doing with KAT-TUN. I made sure to buy this single while I was in Japan! :)

05. MUCC - 空と糸


(Limited Ed. Tracklist)
1. 空と糸
2. 気化熱
(Reg Ed. Tracklist)
1. 空と糸
2. カナリア

**空と糸 has got to my all time favorite MUCC song, I like some of their other stuff, but I'm not what you call a big fan. Though I appreciate all the MUCC members' twitters :) 気化熱 is quite good as well, fun instrumentally. カナリア is a fun track. Jazzy :)

04. EXILE - FIREWORKS

1. FIREWORKS
2. 優しい光
3. THE NEXT DOOR -INDESTRUCTIBLE- feat.FLO RIDA
4. FIREWORKS (Instrumental)
5. 優しい光 (Instrumental)
6. THE NEXT DOOR -INDESTRUCTIBLE- feat.FLO RIDA (Instrumental)
7. WON'T BE LONG -LIVE VERSION-

**At first FIREWORKS took a long time to grow on me, but in the end I really loved it! 優しい光 is a pretty ballad, their voices are very suited for it! THE NEXT DOOR -INDESTRUCTIBLE- is my all time favorite! I really like FLO RIDA in there too :) and the live version of WON'T BE LONG is awesome, love that song!

03. D=OUT - 青い鳥

1. 青い鳥
2. 鬼門
3. 春風シャララ (cordiality.ver.)

**One of my all time best loved songs, really! I love 青い鳥, it's so pretty! Number 2 is kind of funny in that the whole single is pretty much ballad, but then it's heavy lol.

02. Yuna Ito - Let It Go

1. Let it Go
2. Happy Days
3. Let it Go (Instrumental)
4. Happy Day (Instrumental)

** I have to say this single helped me through some difficult situations, which has caused my love for Yuna Ito to grow! lol, I love everything about this single!

now for number 1, b/c I'm not good at choosing this, I have a tie for number 1.

Superfly - Dancing On The Fire

1. Dancing On The Fire
2. Alright!! (9.2 Free Live at Roppongi Hills Arena)
3. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman

**It was so hard to choose, but the other single I love just the same!
This has got to one of Superfly's greatest songs, it showcases the power of her voice, and really shows off her being influenced by 60's & 70's music which is great! Alright!! live is great! And her cover of (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman is powerful and all around enjoyable!

Sadie - 陽炎



(First Press A & B Tracklist)
1. 陽炎
2. BLACK STARS
3. ナイフ
(Reg Ed Tracklist)
1. 陽炎
2. BLACK STARS
3. ナイフ
4. 陽炎 ~unplugged ver~

**Now this is the first Sadie single I fell in love with, and now I just adore this band! 陽炎 is just a freaking great song, period. BLACK STARS reminds me of the GazettE actually, some of their songs, and it has this lovely bass solo that I love! :). ナイフ is a really strong song. 陽炎 ~unplugged ver~ oh I can't gush enough over this, it's all piano and Mao's voice, it's so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment